Monday, November 16, 2009

Two are Better Than One


Cartoon of  two boys on a seesaw. One says, "Thanks for coming. You wouldn't believe how much a seesaw stinks with just one person."


Two are better than one, because they have a good return for their work: Ecclesiastes 4:9
I watched with a mix of humor, pride and frustration when each of my kids were old enough to say, "No! I do it myself!"


We all want to be independent. I remember milestones in my life like my first day at school, first time I could tie my shoe and the first time I got to stay home without an adult. We all love to be self-sufficient.


But there are certain things that just aren't as fun alone. Dinner is much more fun when I am with my family. Decorating for Christmas is more fun when everyone joins in. And it's hard to love my neighbor if I keep to myself.


This week, I'm going to look for ways to help someone and to be bold enough to ask for help when I need it. How about you?


I drew this comic in Adobe Illustrator CS2

1 comment:

Aithene said...

Taking it to the next step, "And a three-fold cord can not easily be broken" adds God to the mix. These scriptures aren't necessarily about marriage, they can apply to any relationship, but the application is there for the taking. Simply that in many cases 2 are better than 1, but the addition of the 3rd shows that where 2 can make a stand, if those 2 have God on their side, they are even better off than before.