Friday, November 27, 2009

Proverbs 3:13-15: Expensive Wisdom


Cartoon of  boy and man in a store. Boy says, “I’d like a million dollars worth of wisdom, please. Can you just bill me?"


This cartoon is based on Proverbs 3:13-15
Blessed is the man who finds wisdom, the man who gains understanding, for she is more profitable than silver and yields better returns than gold. She is more precious than rubies; nothing you desire can compare with her. Proverbs 3:13-15



It doesn't take long to realize how valuable wisdom really is. How many times could we avoid heartache and hassles if we just listened to wisdom?


When I was a boy, there was a neighbor kid who was giving me a hard time. He was taunting me about something so trivial I can't even remember what it was about. What I did remember was I told my dog to "sick 'em!"


I knew better. It would be unwise to try such a thing. But I blocked that from my mind. Instead, I thought my dog would never obey the command. After all, I didn't teach her to attack anyone.


Unfortunately, my dog picked up on my anger and the tone of my voice. She turned on the neighbor boy and began to attack. I had to grab my dog, pull her away and apologize for an embarrassing situation that could have become tragic.


Wisdom is very valuable. But it loses its value if I don't heed it. Today, I'm going to treat wisdom like the gold it is and do the right thing.


I drew this comic in Adobe Illustrator CS2

No comments: