Monday, November 9, 2009

Proverbs 26:27-The Trap You Set



Cartoon of a boy in a trap and another boy. Trapped boy says, "OK! I admit the trap was meant for you. Now will you please let me out?"


If a man digs a pit, he will fall into it; if a man rolls a stone, it will roll back on him. Proverbs 26:27


I used to love to watch the Warner Brothers' "Roadrunner" cartoons with my dad and brother. Every time, Wile E. Coyote would set a trap for the roadrunner. And every time, the poor coyote would trap himself. It didn't matter if it was a sophisticated contraption fit for Einstein, the coyote would always taste defeat, but never taste that succulent, elusive bird.


I've found in life I have to be careful about traps. Many times, I'd like to get even when I feel wronged. But the trap I'd like to set for someone could end up snaring me. It's best I let God deal with the other critter!


Do not take revenge, my friends, but leave room for God's wrath, for it is written: "It is mine to avenge; I will repay,"says the Lord. Romans 12:19

No comments: