Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Super Help




Cartoon of a girl and boy. Boy wears a super hero costume. The girl says, "Do you have to wear that every time I ask you to kill a spider?"
I lift up my eyes to the hills—where does my help come from? My help comes from the LORD,the Maker of heaven and earth. Psalm 121:1-2

Everybody needs some help once in a while. Some of us have no problem admitting this, while others just as soon don a costume and pretend they are invincible.


If we are honest, we will admit we need help one in a while. There are some things we can't do alone. Fears get in the way. Bugs and spiders were never a problem for me. Rodents, however creep me out. Even squirrels look a little sinister. I think it's because they are small, fast and can go where we never could. Not only that, they are smart. The critters know how to get out of sticky situations. Mice and rats are even worse for me. 


I can rest at night knowing God is the source of all help. He can do for me what no one else can. It's comforting to know the same God who made it all knows exactly how to help me. I know I can do everything through him who give me strength. That includes walking by the trees of dive-bombing squirrels. Those critters can bean you with an acorn from ten yards above. They're that smart.


I drew this in Adobe Illustrator CS2

No comments: