Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Cartoon: There is a way...


Cartoon of  a boy on a roof. He says, "Don't worry! I have it all figured out. I have this umbrella and that pile of leaves to break my fall."

There is a way that seems right to a man, but in the end it leads to death. Proverbs 14:12 (NIV)
As a kid and young adult, there were several things I tried that seemed like a good idea at the time. There was the rickety bike ramp that imploded the moment the front tire hit the plywood. There was the body slam on my buddy's car hood. And there was the time when I was eighteen I thought I could drive home after attending an all-night lock in at our church. Thank heavens I didn't hit anybody when I fell asleep at the wheel!

History is full of stories where people knew something didn't sound good but did it anyway because they thought they were the exception. Sometimes, that works out and it's called ingenuity. But if it's moral issues, if it goes against God's word, don't expect it to turn out so good.

I drew this in Adobe Illustrator CS2

No comments: